Conveyor systems are a part of material handling equipment that has been used in the industries for many years to transport goods and products from one designated work area to another. Conveyor systems are of various types such as conveyor belts, conveyor rollers and conveyor wheels. Due to their adaptability and usage, they are widely used in several industries, predominately logistics and manufacturing units like food handling, manufacturing and designing units, logistics, airports for baggage handling, mail delivery services and steelmaking.
Gravity roller conveyors do not require power motor sources for moving goods. Hence, they are known as non-powered conveyors that work because of the force of gravity. These conveyors are usually inclined so that the workers can push the products for them to roll down along a series of evenly spaced metal rollers or wheels.
Why are gravity conveyors used?
Gravity conveyor rollers are used because of their simplified designs that make it easy to carry out lifting operations, packaging, pallet, offloading from trucks without consuming any power. They allow safe transportation of material of any size, shape and weight by minimizing the cost associated with hiring manual labor for forklifting. They can be easily deployed in any location for their usage, which reduces the safety risks and hazards.
A gravity roller can be of any type including wheels, rollers, or chutes, which upon using can optimize operations by cutting down expenses. Besides classes, gravity conveyors are manufactured using different material such as steel for permanent installation and aluminum when portability is required. Both of the materials are cost-effective and easy to install.
Benefits of Gravity Roller Conveyors-
With all the information specified above, we can conclude that gravity rollers are highly beneficial in numerous industries. Keeping that in mind, let us discuss some of the benefits of gravity roller conveyors-
1) Easy to Install- As discussed earlier, because of its simplified design, steel conveyors are easy to install and maintain, which makes them a reliable source for many industries.
2) Cost-Effective- Since these systems don’t require any power motor source to operate, they can save you a lot on electricity bills by simply working on the force of gravity. Hence, cost-effective!
3) Comes in Modular Designs- Modular designs specify that the gravity conveyors are flexible enough to be fitted anywhere, even in the congested areas or rooms and can be used in all types of environment.
4) Easily Attached to Power Systems- Although gravity roller conveyors work on the force of gravity, but they can be attached to power sources or more extensive systems to carry out tasks at a larger scale in minimum time.
5) Easily Modified- The rollers straights are the central part of gravity rollers, and they can be used with curved roller units, spurs and personnel gates modifying them to create a bespoke system for carrying out various shifting tasks in your warehouse.